Click on the Read More for latest House League information and Key upcoming Dates
Update Your Contact Info
- Please ensure any contact email address for you/your family members are updated in the Ramp registration tool. If someone else in your family would like to receive these email updates, please ensure you add them in Ramp with their own contact info.
Evaluation Schedule and Season Start
- Evaluations: We begin the year by inviting players in our U9-U18 divisions to attend a series of evaluation sessions for their division. Please try and attend as many sessions as you can. We use these sessions to evaluate players and ensure we can create balanced teams. There are no evaluations for players in our U7 division – at the first U7 on-ice session, you will begin practicing as a team.
- Equipment: Please wear your full equipment, including your own sweaters and socks, for evaluations. Neck guards are mandatory, mouth guards are optional.
- Evaluation dates: Sept 24-26 and Oct 1-3
- Evaluation and season schedule:
- Team selection: players will be assigned to their teams the week before Thanksgiving. It is likely that some/most divisions will have some bonus practice time on Thanksgiving weekend. The season itself kicks off Oct 15.
Volunteer for team staff
- Coaches and Trainers: We are currently looking for a few head coaches for U9, U13 and U18. We are always looking for assistant coaches and trainers for all divisions (note that all trainers must be women).
- Interested? If you are interested in any of these roles, or if you’re open but would like to chat first, please let me know.
House League Friend Requests
Friend requests will be considered but cannot be guaranteed. We will only consider one reciprocal friend request for a player in the same division/age group. This means that if you enter the name of a friend on our Friend Request Form, they must also submit the name of your player on their form. Please complete a friend request form for siblings.
- Submit Friend Request Form by October 1, with the name of the 'friend.'
- Your friend with need to submit a 'Friend Request Form' with your child’s name.
Development Stream (DS/Select Teams)
A DS/Select Team provides an opportunity for house league players to compete at a higher level. Currently, we anticipate that we'll have DS teams in our U11, U13 and U15 divisions. If we have enough players in U18, we may add an additional DS team in this division. The OWHA does not allow for DS teams in U7 and U9. DS tryouts are held in November and there is an additional cost for playing on a DS team (coaches set their budgets once the house league season starts).
Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist in any way. Looking forward to a great season!
VP of House League, SMGHA